Your questions answered
We’re often asked similar questions about our performing arts classes – so we’ve gathered some popular ones here. Can’t see your question? No problem. Just call our friendly team on (03) 9741 6930.
Do you have classes for preschoolers?
Yes, we cater to children from 18 months up and have various classes to suit different levels of ability and confidence. Choose from:
- Delightful Tots – suits children ages 18 months to 3 years and includes a co-ordination program. Parental assistance is required.
- Kinder Kids – suits children ages 18 months to 3 years and includes a co-ordination program. No parental assistance required.
- Little Fairies / Elves – suits children ages 3-4 years and includes our first full dance program with Ballet and Jazz elements. No parental assistance required.
- Jitterbugs – suits children aged four years and includes our elements of Ballet, Tap and Jazz dancing program. No parental assistance required.
Do you have classes for boys?
Yes! We have heaps of boy-friendly classes from toddlers all the way through to our senior classes. We also have several male teachers on the staff and this helps inspire confidence in our male students.
What should I bring to my class?
We recommend bringing the following items to your class:
- A labelled water bottle, and
- Comfy and appropriate clothes.
We provide all the necessary instruments, props and equipment. Please note: in accordance with Safe Dance Practice, food is not permitted in the studio during classes.
What should I wear to my first class?
Do you offer refunds?
No, we don’t offer refunds for missed lessons, but you’re welcome to take a make-up class.
How do I organise a make-up class?
If you miss a class you’re welcome to take a make-up class. Just contact us, and to let us know when you want to attend so we can let the teacher know. Please note: all make-ups must be taken within the term for which your child is enrolled.
Are parents able to participate in classes?
We do encourage parents of younger children to participate in the class until their child feels confident enough to be left with his or her teacher. Your teacher will talk this through with you.
Is it possible to join classes once term has begun?
Yes, most classes are structured to enable late entry. We’re happy to take on new students if there’s availability, but please note: students may not be ready for exams and concerts.
Do you hold performances?
Yes, we have several performances throughout the year, both at the school and at local venues. You can learn more by viewing our upcoming events.
Do you hold exams?
Yes, we do, although they are not compulsory. We feel that working towards a goal is helpful for most children, but this is entirely your choice and your teacher will advise if your child is ready.
How do I pay?
You’ll be sent an invoice via email and can choose to pay via:
- Direct deposit (our bank details are on the invoice),
- Cash or Cheque (leave at front office), or
- Eftpos ( at the office or over the phone).
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, we’re happy to arrange a payment plan for families that have several children enrolled or who attend multiple classes. We’ll calculate the term fee and work out weekly/fortnightly / monthly payments depending on your circumstances. All term fees must be paid by the 5th week of each term. Just speak to our front office team to arrange for the paperwork to be handed to you to get this all set up.
Do you have insurance?
Yes. We hold both dance school insurance and take out a student insurance policy for each child. The cost of this is incorporated into the Performance Pack Fee.
What is the Performance Pack Fee?
The Performance Pack Fee is available to all class levels (except adults) and includes:
- Our annual concert DVD,
- Concert Medal
- Class photos, and
- Access to our costume bank.
The fee is broken into four easy payments per year and added to your term fee.